So, where did the summer go? In addition to the relentless heat (the hottest July on record) which filled the days with many choruses of hmmm, maybe we'll do that when it's cooler, here's the short list of where the summer went, with descriptive posts to follow:
- We trailered Sherm's best friend, Moon, and his girlfriend, Dee, from here to their new home in Maine. 500 Miles on a 100-Degree Day, or Why I Love My Brenderup
- The Inevitable Haying and Aftermath
- Suddenly, A Summer Course-- not interesting enough for its own post. I was recruited to teach an intense, 5-week Composition II course on 4 hours notice. I did it, but it was a time hole.
- Sherm (as well as his brother and half-sister) had Eye Surgery at Cornell
- A Horse Through a Fence
- Fat Camp
- And Now for Something Completely Different
Through it all, Sherm has been a prince and a delight, but, wow... it was another blur of a summer. Suddenly classes are starting in a week, the nights are cooler and coming earlier, and I'm looking back wondering how we got here.
I know, we do this every year. So let's call it an annual ritual.